Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 1

Ali-I am going to steal a page out of your blog and attempt to do the thirty day photo challenge :o) I think it will help me think and give me a good start at this whole blogging thing. You better hurry up though, because so far you have only managed to get to 17, and I don't know what subjects come after that...and if I keep being as motivated as I have been I may just end up catching up with you!

So...the thirty day photo challenge. Here goes!

Day 1: Ten facts about me.
1. I have the oddest arrangement of moles on my left arm/wrist area. My dad calls it the milky way. A pothead in high school used to refer to it as the mark of the beast. I call it neato. Its my own perfect little triangle.  


2. When I was pregnant with Max I was convinced I was going to die during labor. Absolutely sure of it. I have no idea why. The fact that I already had this thought floating in the back of my mind and I happened to see the first five minutes of that awful movie ‘Jersey Girl’ a couple of days before I was due ( you know, the one where Jennifer Lopez is in it for maybe the first ten minutes and DIES during childbirth??) Yeah, that was really assuring. I don’t know if this is a normal feeling for a pregnant woman or not…I haven’t exactly wanted to ask any other pregnant woman that because I don’t want to pass the paranoia onto her. Oh well. I’ll let you know whenever I get pregnant next if its normal.

3. I love, love, love to read.  You become my new best friend if you introduce me to a book or author that I have never read before. Generally I gravitate towards fiction, but I do dig a good autobiography.

4. I really really really like zombies. If I am in a video store and I see a zombie movie on the shelf, I am renting it, no matter how god awful it looks. I have read every zombie type book I have managed to get my hands on.  If I was any good at makeup, I would totally join in on those zombie walks they have around Halloween.  And it seems I have managed to pass this fascination onto my son. Max pretends to be a zombie. He makes his army man shoot zombies. He informs you that if you bite a zombie that you’re gonna turn sooner or later. Other people might find this odd and disturbing for a three year old, but I love it. But  there is no way in hell I am letting him watch a zombie movie anytime soon! Oh, and FYI- of you are a fellow zombie lover, you should check out the AMC series The walking Dead. Its fantastic!

5. I am afraid of aliens. I don’t know if they exist, but if you are telling a story about your supposed UFO sighting, I am running away from you into the other room to avoid it. I really have no rational reason why. I have never experienced any of these sightings myself. Just the idea of aliens and abductions and cow mutilations is enough to scare the beejesus out of me.  I can remember being younger and waking up in the middle of the night from a bad dream and running downstairs. Dad was awake watching a movie and he let me lay on the couch and fall back asleep. Of course, that movie was Fire in the Sky. I don’t know if this is where the fear originated from or not, but it seems like a logical reason to me. Thanks dad.


6. I can never go a whole day with my nails painted. As soon as the tiniest chip appears, I will systematically peel off every piece of nail polish off of every damned nail. I must be  OCD or something.

7.  I collect buttons. The odder the better.


One of the best things about working at Hot Topic all those years ago was being able to dig through the assortment of buttons whenever we got a new shipment.

8. I want five kids. Don’t ask me why, five just seems like a good number. And with my luck, they are all going to be boys.

9. I don’t know if I believe in god, but I do know that the idea that there may not be a god frightens me.

10. I worry. All the time. About everything. I over analyze everything and imagine every horrid possibility that could arise out of each situation. 

3 comments: