Thursday, January 13, 2011

Horoscopes and toothaches

Its almost two in the morning and I am still awake, waiting for the pain medicine to kick in and make me forget about my tooth ache that has been driving me crazy all day.  For some reason, I decided that I didn't need to take anything because it was somehow going to magically go away on its own. Now that I want to sleep, it is pounding through my head harder than ever.

Today Floyd, Maximus, and I headed out to Davison Roadside Park and did some sledding.  Max thoroughly enjoyed it and laughed and screamed each time he came flying down the hill. He didn't want to ride with Floyd and I, he wanted to be a big kid and do it by himself. Of course, we had to haul his ass back up the hill each time. Man, nothing like trying to climb a twenty foot hill in the snow with boots with no traction to make you feel incredibly out of shape!!

In a total other direction, I am amused at how many people are responding to the article about the changing/addition of horoscopes. Really? I find it hard to believe that anyone was that concerned that their  sign may have changed to something different.  Was your identity governed that much by the pull of the moon on your birth date?? Well, if so, you're fine.  Apparently us Americans don't judge our astrological signs by the planets alignment or the stars. We decided to stick with the changing of the seasons. So, you're fine until global warming really kicks in and all the seasons turn into summer. Check the link below for a much more educated-sounding reasoning.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/no-your-zodiac-sign-hasnt-changed/

Speaking of which...is it awful that I am graduating with a degree in Environmental Science and I have never bothered to watch "An Inconvenient Truth"?  I mean, I am sure it is something I would find incredibly interesting, but I have a really hard time watching documentaries anymore.  I hate to say it, but Michael Moore has ruined them for me forever.

Floyd thinks I am a ginormous dork for blogging.
I warned you this blog this was going to be random :o)

1 comment:

  1. Blogging is super cool. I've not seen all of Michael Moore's documentaries -- but Sicko was great (and heart-wrenching).

    And the sign stuff? I've just always used being a Leo as an excuse to be loud and bossy and an overachiever. I've always been these things. :)

    ReplyDelete