Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A new start...

Well, for a long time now I have been telling myself I need to start writing more things down, either in a journal or a blog.  It looks like the blog has won out.

I want something where I can record my random thoughts... the highlight, lows, or odd tid bits of my day.

Who knows, maybe this is something that Max will look at years from now and learn some things or reminisce. 

Wow, that is really odd to think about.



Hmmm..where to start?

Well, I am in my last semester of my senior year of college. Finally. Its frightening to think that soon I will be done with my college years and be moving on to the next phase of my life: career.

Yesterday was my twenty-ninth birthday.

Well, its just past midnight now so I guess that would technically make it two days ago.

Floyd surprised me by getting someone else to take his shift at work and decided to take me out to dinner at The French Laundry out in Fenton (an excellent place if you have never tried it!).  At the last minute, we decided to take Max with us, which made for an interesting night. It was pretty amusing though when he told our waitress "Gracias" after she brought him his grilled cheese. And they had magnadoodles for the kids to play with. Magnadoodles! Heck, when I was little we got cheap little crayons with a small sheet of paper if we were lucky.

Speaking of being a kid...

This year I will graduate, marry, and maybe (hopefully) start a new job. Next year I will be thirty.  I have a three year old kid.  Part of me feels old, but there is still part of me that feels like a kid.  I wonder if that feeling ever goes away.  Do my parents still feel immature and childish at times?

Don't get me wrong, I definitely feel much more mature and worldly than I did ten years ago, but I don't feel like what I thought or imagined I would feel or think when I reached this stage in my life.  Is that normal?

I am not upset by it.  I am glad that I have managed to hold on to that childish part of me. I like that I can sit and watch cartoons with Max and be more amused than he is half of the time. 

I am the person sitting in the back of the geology class that still giggles uncontrollably every time the professor lectures on dikes. And I will still be giggling when I reach eighty.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have held on to your inner child. Don't ever let it go. <3

    ReplyDelete